March 19, 2020
As you are already aware, the President of the United States has declared a “National Emergency” for our country in regards to the “SARS-CoV-2” which causes “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19). In this regard, a number of facilities providing services to citizens, with the exception of grocery stores and pharmaceutical companies, have temporarily shut down operations. To this end, the Oklahoma State Board of Education has announced that all Oklahoma public schools, including charters schools, will be closed until April 6, 2020. If there is a need to extend the closure date past April 6, we will notify you immediately through the news media.
During this difficult period, we are recommending that you seek other child care options for your child. Additionally, we encourage all families to follow recommended guidelines to protect themselves from COVID 19 and any other virus, especially respiratory viruses. We respectfully request that you review and implement the following strategies to slow and eliminate the spread of this disease.
· Minimize play dates for your child with other children.
· Cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
· Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water for twenty (20) seconds.
· When soap and water are not available, use alcohol (60%) based hand sanitizer.
· Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay away from work, school or other people who are sick with respiratory symptoms (fever or cough),
We want to assure you that we are closely monitoring this current crisis in cooperation with local, state and national health officials. You will receive regular updates of any new announcements and resources available through our website: dbcstulsa.org under Parent/Guardian Information.
Finally we want to express our deep appreciation for your continued support for Deborah Brown Community School. By closely working together, we will overcome the current adversity confronting us.
DBCS Board of Directors