Accidents involving injury which occur on the school property during school hours will be reported immediately to the nurse practitioner. If the incident is an emergency that requires ambulance transportation, and contact cannot be made with a parent/guardian, the child will be transported to the nearest hospital by ambulance, and the parent/guardian will be held responsible for all ambulance expenses. Every parent must sign a “Consent to Treat A Minor”, and “Emergency Medical Treatment ” form. One copy will be placed in the child’s classroom file (for field trips), and one in the N.P.’s student file. This form will be used ONLY in the event parents cannot be reached within a reasonable length of time in an emergency situation.